RECIPIENT AND DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS
The Orange County Toy Collaborative is a partnership dedicated to collecting and distributing toys to children in need. The collaborative partners are Toys for Tots and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Spark of Love and the Orange County Fire Chief’s Association, Orange County Social Services Agency, and the Council of Orange County Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
We expect that your organization will have a process in place to assure each recipient meets these eligibility requirements and your program adheres to these distribution requirements. The Orange County Toy Collaborative has the right to observe your distribution event and / or audit your distribution process.
Eligibility requirements for recipients1. A recipient may be either adult guardians of children meeting these requirements or children themselves meeting these requirements.
2. A recipient must be residence of Orange County, CA. Beyond that there are no other residency requirements.
3. A Recipient must have a financial need and meet the Federal and County poverty and low income guidelines. For reference, consult:
Recipient families who receive benefits from Social Security Disability, SSI, HUD Housing (Section 8), WIC, CalFresh (SNAP), CalWORKS, OC Social Services General Relief Program, Medi- Cal, or when the adult guardians are unemployed should meet the financial need requirements.
Distribution requirements for your program>1. The organization responsible for distribution must be a nonprofit recognized as eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable donations.
2. The organization must distribute without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
3. The organization cannot impose any membership or additional residency requirements on recipients. For example, you cannot limit distribution solely on membership in a specific organization, or residency in a specific Orange County City or legal status of residence in the Country.
4. The organization may not distribute toys as a means to entice, reward or invite persons to participate in your regular services or programs.